Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Lowering the Bar

Hello Followers. Hope you're having a great start to your week!

Well, today is the day where we set forth the Rules of Engagement for the Cougalicious Blog, a process better known to you and me as "lowering the bar."

So, if you want to check out how it is that I systematically plan to run this bad boy into the ground, then read on.


Followers, for the foreseeable future (which for me is something called "Eternity"), it will only be me and  my "special friends" on this here blog. And that means that there will be considerably fewer posts on the Cougalicious site than there is/was on the Mothership (aka The WSU Football Blog).

Mind you, in some weeks, I may post everyday. But, in others, I may not post at all.

What's more, while the Mothership was devoted exclusively to Cougar Sports, this one will be directed toward anything that I feel like writing about, including topics previously considered taboo such as politics and macrame.  Mind you, I still expect to write about the Cougs, BUT.....

And the reason for expanding the purview of this site?

Blogs first and foremost are about fun and creativity, so if I'm going to devote ANY of my time doing something like this, I'm going to (a) Try to have fun; and (b) Try to be creative. And yes, that means that I have to write about something else other than the Cougs or sports in general if I want to keep what's left of my drug-induced mind.

So, given that my schedule portends to be on the irregular side of sporadic, I encourage all 5 of you who are reading out there to follow me on Twitter. By doing so, you can be informed when I have a post up without having to check up on yet another website that may or may not have new content.

(As a related aside, you all should know that I am a total MORON when it comes to technology. So, when I say that Twitter is easy, it means that Twitter is EASY. Plus, you can get all of your news + bonus content from the people and news makers that you fancy. It's very cool!)

In the meantime, you can generally expect me to be posting on Monday and Friday for the rest of the football season, but again check your twitter feed if you have one, and if you don't, GET ONE!!!

Okay, that's all for today, I'm running late for my date with Cindy B. We're headed up to New Hampshire to check out the fall colors, and later, for an exclusive engagement with none other than Mr. 9-9-9: Our very own,  Herman "The Cougla" Cain.


Until tomorrow's special Wednesday post, please remember to take care of your inner CEO, won't you?

Go Cougs!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

WallaCoug here:

I like Cain. Not sure if I'm voting for him yet, but I like him. Super highly educated in the sciences, CEO 3 times, head of the Kansas City Federal Reserve Bank, and not just a career politician. Still makes me nervous to introduce a sales tax at the federal level without getting rid of the income tax. But I do like decimating the tax code, and making it simplistic. Accountants will be unhappy and not a few unemployed I would guess. Also, IRS agents will be greatly reduced in number due to lack of need.

Will I pay more in income taxes under the plan? Yes. Currently, I mooch off the government as one of the 47% who don't pay squat and in fact receive handouts after tax time for the Earned Income Credit, Additional Child Tax Credit, etc.

Last year they sent me a check for $9000. Ridiculous.

No, I don't take other government hanouts even though I qualify for 50 trillion of them as I am the sole breadwinner, make not a bunch as a teacher and have decent sized family. I did unemployment once, back in 2004. I swear I'll never do it again if I can help it. And in 2009-10 I had the opportunity to take it again and did not. I worked multiple part time jobs and lived off savings until I was rehired.

The Coug-A-Sutra said...

Herman is an interesting dude. It will be fascinating to see if you even get a chance to vote for him.

Being a political junkie (I LOVE POLITICS!), I was pretty jacked when John McCain's straight talk express came to Sacramento State (where Mrs. Sutra was a Prof at the time) during the 2000 campaign. That was right before Super Tuesday and McCain had just emerged as a co-front runner with W after having won Michigan (I think).

Anywho, two days after that visit, he was done. W just POUNDED him when the race became National. Just had a HUGE advantage in infrastructure.

So, I winced last night when Cain told Anderson Cooper that he had THREE staffers in New Hampshire.

THREE?!

Then as of today, Herman is leading in SC AND even in Florida. CRAZY!

Finally, in 2004 Kerry won the Democratic nomination. In 2008, McCain won the Republican nomination.

Their poll numbers at this time in the race? About 7 percent.

The person who fits that bill right now? Newt Gingrich..